Yachting has never been so easy
Why waste precious leisure time fighting your way out of a narrow channel when you can be out on the Bay in minutes? There are many advantages to keeping your boat at the Houston Yacht Club!
We are located only 30 minutes from downtown Houston, and you can park right at your slip and be sailing on the Bay in just a few minutes!
Recently renovated and updated, our harbor offers:
- 76 floating slips from 35 ft. to 60 ft.
- 113 fixed slips from 35 ft. to 60 ft.
- 28 covered slips with slings up to 9,000 lbs.
- 27 covered sheds accommodating yachts to 70 ft.
- Several extra-wide slips for Multi-hulls
- 400 ft. guest dock
- Wide fairways for easy docking
- Curbside parking at most slips
- Fuel dock with diesel and gasoline discounted for Members
- Pump-out station
- Electricity and water at each slip
- Newly remodeled bathhouses
- Free laundry facilities
- Ice available for purchase
For trailerable boats and dinghies, we provide:
- Dry storage for up to 130 mast-up boats
- Two 2-ton capable crane hoists
- Two ramps for trailer launch and retrieval
- Dinghies may also beach launch at large regattas
Members may tie up boats in slips or at the guest dock on a first-come, first-served basis (upon approval by the Harbor Manager) while they are using Club facilities or involved in Club activities. Members may dock overnight provided they obtain approval from the Harbor Manager. The Club reserves the right to relocate boats as required to support regattas and other activities.
For docking during Club events such as regattas, please check with the Harbor Manager in advance for slip availability.
The hoists and launch ramps may be used only with the approval and assistance of the Harbor Manager.
Fuel Dock and Pump-out Station – Open during Harbor Manager's office hours.
For more information and slip availability, contact the Harbor Manager (contact information is listed below) If you are an HYC Member and wish to contact the Harbor Committee chairman, please sign in to the Members Only section of this website to find that contact.
If arriving by sea, please contact the Harbor Office on VHF channel 72.